Last Revised 25 July, 2017
- the Virgin Sport Group we mean Virgin Sport and Virgin Sport UK Limited (Registered No. 08371074) whose registered office is at Battleship Building, 179 Harrow Road, London, W2 6NB England; and
- the Virgin Group we mean: (a) any entity over which Sir Richard Branson and/or any of his family members have control (whether direct or indirect ownership of shares, or direct or indirect management of that entity); (b) any entity in the Virgin family of companies which is authorised to use the name "Virgin"; and (c) the Virgin Foundation (a registered charity trading as Virgin Unite).
"Personal Information" is information which identifies you or another person, or is capable of doing so.
What information will we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by communicating with us through the Site, in person, by phone, by email, by your actions or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create an account, register for an event (as a participant or a spectator), participate in or spectate at a Virgin Sport event, update your profile information, participate in discussion boards or social media, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you have a question or report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include without limitation the following:
- Contact details including your name, email address and phone number;
- Personal details including gender, data of birth, age on race day and country of residency;
- Race day information including predicted time bracket, t-shirt size, why you're running, emergency contact name and number;
- Event history information including where you heard about the event, if you've taken part in the event previously and whether you take part in other events of a similar nature; and
- Purchase and donation history.
Information we collect about you
With regard to you participating in or spectating at an event, we may collect the following information:
- your participation in and attendance at the event;
- photographs or video of you before, during or after the event; and
- race time and performance information.
In addition, with regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information without limitation:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This information is not Personal Information, but if we combine it with Personal Information, we will treat the combination as Personal Information.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. You may use the Site even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies. However, if you do, you may not be able to take full advantage of the features of the Site. To enable or disable cookies on your browser, please consult your browser documentation or contact your software provider. You can find more about the cookies we use below:
- What cookies do we use?: We only set a few cookies ourselves, but when we include content from other sites (such as Instagram or Pinterest), they also get the opportunity to set cookies, to help them serve their content better. We've broken down the main types of cookies you'll see on the Site below, and what they are used for, but we can't guarantee that we'll have listed every type of cookie you might get from a third party - they can change them at any time as their needs change.
- Analytical and Performance Cookies: We may use analytics service providers (e.g. Google Analytics) for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about the use of the Site by using cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how often visitors return to the Site, how long they stay and how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The information generated relating to the Site may be used to create reports about the use of the Site and the analytics service provider will also store this information.
- Functionality Cookies: We may use functional cookies that allow us to remember choices you have made in relation to the Site so as to provide a more personalised experience and enhanced user experience by delivering content specific to your interests.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are required for the administration and operation of our Site. Some cookies that we use are necessary for our Site to function properly and to enable you to move around the Site and use its features.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from any of the other websites the Virgin Group operates.
We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, analytics providers and photo, video and timing partners) and may receive information about you from them.
We may also receive Personal Information about you or on your behalf in the following circumstances:
- a participant in our event may have provided your name and contact details as their emergency contact or as spectator attending the event to support a participant; or
- someone may have:
- gifted you with participation in one of our events;
- entered you as a member of their group; or
- given us your name as their parent/guardian, so that we may check that you, as their parent/guardian, agree to their participation in the event for which they have applied,
in which case they will have provided us with your name and contact details.
We also may collect information about you from other sources, such as blogs, public resources, third parties and other Site users.
Will we use your information for marketing?
We may display offers, promotions, products or services on the Site which we think will interest you based upon the information we collect from your cookies. We may also advertise other Virgin Sport, Virgin Sport Group or Virgin Group events or offerings similar to those you’ve attended or expressed an interest in.
We may also send you marketing information or other communications by email. You may opt out of marketing communications at any time via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant email. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) business days to become effective. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your purchases, participation in events, dealings with the Site, or technical information about the Site.
How else will we use your information?
We may also use your information for at least the following purposes, ourselves or through our service providers or other third parties that we may hire to perform services on our behalf:
- To help provide services to you and respond to your questions and requests
- To analyze your use of the Site
- To enable you to pay for and participate in events
- To help you connect with any charity that you've asked to contact you/that you have agreed to fundraise for or shown an interest in fundraising for
- To provide you with race photos, video and race time and performance information
- In the event of any medical or health and safety emergency
- To conduct surveys, sweepstakes and promotions
- To check whether you are eligible for a competition and to contact you if you win
We may use your information to present you with targeted content and advertisements (including on third party websites and apps) based on your past visits to the Site and information collected over time by us and third parties. Such targeted content and advertisements may include marketing for the Site and our products and services, or the sites, products and services of our advertising partners. Your information also may be used to analyze and develop advertisements and advertising campaigns, provide you with special offers and promotions and determine the effectiveness of same, optimize and determine the effectiveness of content and advertisements, analyze your interactions with the content and advertisements you are presented with, and how same relates to your visits to the Sites.
Will we share your information?
Virgin Sport may share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, where we have your prior affirmative consent. For example, when we conduct a sweepstake, by entering the sweepstake you agree that we may share your Personal Information with prize providers who may send you marketing messages. Please consult the rules or terms of each activity regarding whether such consent is granted by entering or participating.
Virgin Sport Group may also share your Personal Information:
- With a charity where you have shown an intertest in running for/fundraising for such charity
- To comply with the law or legal process, or cooperate with law enforcement or government requests;
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud or potential threats, or exercise legal rights or defend against claims;
- As we feel is necessary or advisable to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests or the rights, safety or property of others; and
- As needed for our third-party service providers to support the Site and to provide and improve our service to you or to carry out surveys and user analysis to understand your needs and preferences. We require these service providers to keep your Personal Information safe and secure. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal information for the purposes we specify. Our trusted third party service providers include the organisations that support us with our events including, those that provide our timing technology and photography, as well as our technology and marketing vendors.
We reserve the right to transfer any and all information, including without limitation Personal Information, to an affiliate or third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings).We may also share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties (including sponsors and charity partners) and other members of the Virgin Group.
At our discretion, we may de-identify or aggregate Personal Information and may share it in an anonymous, de-identified or aggregated form with third parties to show or analyze site usage, improve our services, improve our user experience, or for similar purposes. We will not re-identify such data and we will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form. The Site may also contain plug-ins from third party offerings such as ‘Add This’, ‘YouTube’, ‘Instagram’ and ‘Pinterest’. We recommend that you review the privacy policies that apply to these plugins, prior to clicking on such plugins.
Opt-Out for Targeted Advertising: Some of our third party advertising partners may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising or the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out, which allow consumers the ability to opt-out of targeted advertising based on web activity tracking. For more information regarding the foregoing, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed. Please note that even if our third party partners participate in these programs and you opt out of targeted advertising based on web activity tracking, you still may receive standard advertisements from us and targeted advertisements from third parties. You may need to re-click the link and follow the instructions provided therein if you delete cookies or other technology or use a different computer, device or browser.
What if you post information on our Site?
The Site may contain an opportunity for users to comment on content on the Site (“User Comments”). You may also separately provide us with other content (including photos, links, videos and articles) that you wish us to post on the Site, or via sharing your social media posts and allowing Virgin Sport access to your social media feeds such as on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (“Other Content”) (User Comments and Other Content together being "User Content"). If you choose to post or permit such information to be posted on the interactive parts of our Site, you do so at your own risk, whether the User Content is uploaded directly onto www.virginsport.com, though us or through a connected site.
Please keep in mind that if you choose to disclose Personal Information when posting comments or other information or content through the Site, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others, including people outside Virgin Sport or Virgin Group. It is up to you to make sure you are comfortable with the information you choose to provide Virgin Sport and the information you choose to include in your User Content. Your User Content may be available to Site users and to users of other websites and services; Virgin Sport will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you include in your User Content. We recommend that you use caution when giving out Personal Information to others through social media networks or otherwise, as such information may become publicly available. You can protect Personal Information by not including identifying information in your User Content.
Virgin Sport is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from any User Content posted on the Site. Because of the open nature of the Site, User Content is not published or approved by Virgin Sport and as such, any views expressed in such User Content may not necessarily represent the views of Virgin Sport. We reserve the right to review or monitor User Content from time to time but are under no obligation to do so. Virgin Sport may remove any or all User Content from the Site with or without notice.
If you have any concerns about User Content appearing on this Site, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Do Not Track" Signals
How do we make sure our Site is secure?
Virgin Sport uses reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Information.
As no system is 100% secure, we can't completely guarantee the protection of your Personal Information, any more than any other organization can. Any submission or transmission of your Personal Information is done at your own risk. We cannot accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the Personal Information.
What about personal information relating to minors?
Unfortunately, age restrictions are in operation for every Virgin Sport event, which may differ according to the event. Please ensure that you read the age restrictions for each event carefully before registering.
Are you protected by this policy outside www.virginsport.com?
Our Site contains links to other websites. Obviously, we don't have any control over them and take no responsibility for any information you give them. Other sites have different privacy and security policies, which we advise you to read.
How you can access your information
You can request, at any time, access to the personal information we hold about you. You can write to us at the following address requesting access to your Personal Information.
c/o Virgin Sport
65 Bleecker Street
New York, NY 10012
You are responsible for keeping your Personal Information current. You may update your Personal Information by updating your Virgin Sport profile or by sending an email to email@example.com. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your purchases, your dealings with the Site, or technical information about the Site.
If you prefer not to receive marketing or promotional emails from Virgin Sport Group, you may click on the “Unsubscribe” link in any promotional email you receive from us and follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) business days to become effective.
When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personal Information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personal Information or for processing this request.
Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents
California residents who have provided Personal Information to a business that does not have an Opt-Out Policy may be entitled by law to request certain information regarding disclosures of personal information by the business to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year (“Disclosure Request”). However, please note that due to Virgin Sport’s Opt-Out Policy above, Virgin Sport is entitled by law to respond to your Disclosure Request by notifying you of your right to prevent the disclosure of Personal Information pursuant to our Opt-Out Policy (which is cost free to you). If you are still interested in making a Disclosure Request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Virgin Sport is required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above email address.
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice:
The name and address of the provider of the Site is Virgin Sport, USA, LLC, 65 Bleecker Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10012. Complaints regarding the Site or requests to receive further information regarding use of the Site may be sent to the above address or by email to email@example.com.
The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Boulevard, Suite S202, Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (916) 574-7950 or (800) 952-5210.
Talk to us
This policy was last updated on 25 July 2017.
VIRGIN SPORT SAN FRANCISCO FESTIVAL SWEEPSTAKE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKE. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
Sponsor: Virgin Sport USA, LLC a Delaware limited liability company with an address at 65 Bleecker Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10012.
Prize Providers: Virgin America, ASICS, Sports Basement, Clif Bar, Motiv, Headspace and UNDO-Ordinary.
1. Eligibility. The Virgin Sport San Francisco Festival Sweepstake ("Sweepstake") is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, associates, officers, directors and contractors of Sponsor, Prize Providers and their affiliates and advertising or sweepstake agencies, and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or persons residing in the same household, are not eligible to participate or to win.
2. Restrictions. Sweepstake subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstake constitutes each entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstake. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or terminate this Sweepstake if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs, corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstake.
3. Entry Period. The entry period begins on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 02:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on Friday, September 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time‐keeping device for the Sweepstake.
4. How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Persons who meet the eligibility requirements may enter the Sweepstake by providing their first and last name, valid email address and zip code. Only one (1) entry per person. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or scrambled entries. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entrant will be deemed the authorized account holder at time of entry. If more than one (1) entry per person is received during the Entry Period, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all of that person’s entries.
5. Winner Selection and Notification. No later than 06:00 p.m PT on Friday September 8, 2017, a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received to select the potential Grand Prize winner. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by email at the email address provided at the time of entry, within twenty-four (24) hours after the drawing. If Sponsor is unsuccessful in its attempt to reach potential winner within twenty-four (24) hours after the drawing, then that entrant will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner randomly selected and notified in the same manner. The potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsor and may be required to sign, have notarized and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release, which may include W-9 information for 1099 tax reporting, and a Liability and Publicity Release by the guest (who must be 18 or over) who will participate in the prize, all within seven (7) days of notification. If the potential winner is ineligible or unwilling to accept the Prize, or does not return the signed Affidavit or Release within seven (7) days of notification, an alternate potential winner will be selected and notified in the same manner. Any disqualified entrant will not receive any prize substitution or compensation. Decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to this Sweepstake are final and binding.
6. Prize. The winner, chosen in accordance with Section 5, will receive one (1) Grand Prize consisting of:
- two (2) VIP Half+Perks Tickets to the Virgin Sport San Francisco Festival of Fitness on the weekend of 13-15 October 2017, subject to Sponsor’s Entry Terms and Conditions, a copy of which can be found here;
- two (2) roundtrip coach airfare tickets to San Francisco from within the US with Virgin America, subject to the terms of their Contract of Carriage, a copy of which can be found here, and the Airfare Terms below;
- three (3) days/two (2) nights hotel stay for two adults in standard accommodation at a hotel designated by Sponsor in the San Francisco Bay area, double occupancy;
- entry for two (2) adults into the Stretch With Richard Branson Session, to take place during the Virgin Sport San Francisco Festival of Fitness at such time and such place as the Sponsor may designate;
- ASICS Promo Code valid to be redeemed for $500 USD worth of ASICS merchandise on www.ASICS.com/us., subject to the ASICS Terms set out below;
- $200 Sports Basement Gift Card;
- Three (3) month’s supply of Clif Bars, consisting of 180 bars chosen at the discretion of Clif Bar;
- One (1) Motiv Ring;
- One (1) year’s subscription to Headspace; and
- Annual membership to UNDO-Ordinary plus three (3) copies of its magazine (such copies to be collected at the Event).
Approximate Retail Value $3,568. No cash alternative, substitution or other changes. Prize is nontransferable. Sponsor may substitute prize elements of equal or greater value due to unavailability.
Roundtrip coach airfare tickets from major airport nearest winner's home as determined by Sponsor, to San Francisco Bay area airport as determined by Sponsor. Actual travel dates, times and airlines based upon availability as determined by Sponsor (the “Airfare Terms”).
Any other expenses incurred in connection with use of the Grand Prize, including without limitation accommodation, meals, tips, gratuities, fees, souvenirs, ground transportation, telephone calls, medical expenses, and other personal expenses, are the responsibility of Winner and are not included.
7. Prize Restrictions. The following conditions apply to the Grand Prize:
• Travel dates and accommodations subject to availability.
• Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary.
• No transfers are included and both the Winner and guest are responsible for getting to and from the departing airport and the relevant San Francisco airport. For the avoidance of doubt, the costs of getting to and from airports is not included as part of the Grand Prize.
• Guest must be 18 years of age or older and may be asked to execute, have notarized and return a Liability and Publicity Release prior to prize award.
• Sponsor is not responsible for travel delays, difficulty or risks. If travel delays or difficulty interfere in any manner with any element of trip, Sponsor is not responsible and no compensation is due.
• Any changes to travel arrangements and associated, once booked, are the sole responsibility of winner.
• Actual value of the trip will depend on point of departure, destination and airfare fluctuations. Sponsor/the relevant Prize Provider reserves the right to structure travel route in its sole discretion.
• Trip and trip components may not be sold, traded, transferred, separated, rescheduled or refunded.
• Sponsor not responsible for late, lost, damaged or stolen luggage.
• Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining (and traveling with) valid identification and any other required documents (e.g., Photo ID, Credit Card).
• Winner will maintain his or her behavior and guest's behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any prize activity. Winner understands and agrees that if winner (and/or guest) is removed from any activity at any time for disruptive behavior or behavior that may or does cause damage to person or property or otherwise violates the policies of any establishment or event, winner may be required to forfeit the rest or all of the prize, with no substitution or compensation.
9. Release. Sponsor, Prize Providers and their affiliates, agents, employees, directors, officers, shareholders, partners, members, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Sweepstake Parties") are not responsible for errors, stolen or fraudulent entries, computer or human error or interference, or entries that are delayed, garbled or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or human or technical failures. Sweepstake Parties are not responsible for any injuries, losses, damages or costs of any kind arising in connection with, or as a result of, any entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake or winner's acceptance or use of Grand Prize. Each entrant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold the Sweepstake Parties harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participation in the Sweepstake, winner's acceptance or use of the Grand Prize, or any use of information about entrants or winners.
Each entrant acknowledges that he/she is familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” Being aware of said code section, entrant hereby expressly waives any rights he/she may have thereunder, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
10. Taxes; Other Charges. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on the Grand Prize and for any expenses not specifically mentioned in the Grand Prize description. Entrants are responsible for all online charges of any internet service or wireless carrier.
11. Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and Sweepstake, and the rights and obligations of the entrants, winner and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstake, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, except as to matters relating to arbitration, which shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
12. Disputes. Any dispute with Sponsor arising out of or relating to the Sweepstake or the Grand Prize will be decided only by arbitration, individually and not on a class‐wide basis. Any arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association and will take place in San Francisco County, California.
13. Official Rules; Winners' List. For a copy of these Official Rules or the winner's list, send a self‐addressed, stamped envelope to 65 Bleecker Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10012 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Winners' list will be available on or after Friday September 8, 2017. Vermont and Washington state residents may omit return postage.
14. Entire Agreement. These Official Rules and Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release for winner, or Liability and Publicity Release for guest, serve as an agreement with Sponsor and reflect the entire understanding between each entrant and Sponsor concerning the Sweepstake and the subject matter hereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this agreement will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions, which will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of this agreement will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other term. No modification or waiver of these terms of this agreement shall be effective unless made in writing signed by all parties.